Monday, August 15, 2011

Monday 8-15-11

Well here we are, at the 10 week anniversary of the 2 surgeries for my dad and I.  I must say... this has been one incredible ride!  For me - the things I've learned and the whole experience has been a miracle!  I know that my dad is very grateful and he views this as nothing short of a miracle as well!  God has blessed us in so many different ways through this journey.

We started teacher's meetings at St. John's Lutheran last Monday.  The first two days for me were pretty big and warranted a nap in the mid-afternoon!  I went from resting on our couch at home (much of the time) to meetings and classroom preparations.  The days that followed in the rest of the week went better in that I was just tired at the end of the day... but I didn't need to actually sleep!  I feel I am at about 95% of my normal stamina. I think that is pretty good.  I'm really looking forward to school starting this Thursday!

My dad continues to get stronger and grow whiskers! :)  He went to church yesterday with us and we got to see many friends and supporters as we were attending an anniversary celebration of some very good family friends and many came to celebrate with them!

My dad will have his fistula closed off on August 25th.  The fistula is a device that was surgically implanted into his left arm and it served as a port for dialysis.  Thanks be to God that he doesn't need the fistula anymore!  It's not worth surgically removing it... but they are going to close it off as it frequently gets blocked and his arm swells up 2 or 3 times its normal size!  My boys call it his "Popeye arm".  We all will be glad when Papa doesn't have a Popeye arm anymore!

To all of my teacher friends who are starting up the new school year... God's blessings to each of you.  Your ministry is so important to so many people!!

Prayer requests

  • Continued strength gain for my dad.
  • Enough stamina to make it through the school week for myself.
  • Continued patience for my mom the saint who looks after my dad and does such a great job of it!
  • Blessings to all of the teachers and students who are going back to school this month - or next month... after all - "It's the most wonderful time of the year!" (I just love that commercial!)
Blessings,

Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment