Sunday, August 7, 2011

Happy Sunday! 8-7-11

My apologies for waiting so long to post a new blog entry!  As we approach the beginning of the school year, the pace of life is starting to speed up and I'm having to remember how to create a good balance in order to get everything done!

Our trip to Estes Park was very nice and relaxing!  My boys got to go fly fishing and we spend a lot of good, solid family time together and with my mom and dad.  My dad began driving by himself this week.  This is the first time since the surgery 9 weeks ago.  He went to the post office.  My mom called me while he was gone and we wondered together how it went... of course - it went fine!  It reminded me of the day I got my driver's license - I dropped off my mom at home and drove myself to the library.  I don't know why that sticks out in my head...

We have had the pleasure of hosting my cousin Bev for the past few evenings.  She is staying at our house and spends the days with my mom and dad.  She and my dad are pretty close.  It has been so nice to have her here!

I also got a surprise treat this week when I was at school when childhood friends Eddie and Annie Merz stopped in at St. John's and I just happened to be there.  It was very nice catching up and meeting their amazing kids!

I've been thinking about this blog.  I have decided that I will continue to update it - but only once a week as my leisurely summer is quickly coming to an end!  We start teacher meetings tomorrow and school starts on Thursday, August 17.  I will update this blog on the weekends.

Here is my dad's bit that he gave me last week...

Well it is a good week so far.  Clinic went well Tuesday,  not due back until next Tuesday, that’s a very good thing.  Wednesday I take my youngest daughter, Erica out to lunch for her birthday. I will begin driving this week.  I have not driven since I passed out a couple of times several weeks ago at home.  I don’t want to become one of the ever growing list of people driving through store fronts and into bridges, because of some medical condition.  A favorite cousin of mine from Monte Vita comes this week to visit.  All seems well with the world.  I pray each of you can say the same.

Rod   


Again friends and family... on behalf of my mom and dad and my family - we thank you for all of the support, the prayers and the encouragement all of you have given in various ways!  Blessings on your week!


Prayer requests

  • Continued improvement in health and strength for both my dad and myself.
  • Safety on the roads for my dad when he is out there driving.
  • Stamina and strength for me as I return back to the classroom and our lives start to get busy again.
Blessings on your week!!

Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment