Thursday, July 28, 2011

Thursay's musings - 7-28-11 - Rod's bit

Greetings friends and family!

My dad sent me his bit for our blog the day after I posted the last one... this one is from Tuesday of this week.  Sorry for the delay.  Here we go...

I love not having to go to transplant clinic but once a week.  Although this Friday we have to go in for a blood draw for a lipid panel.  But, as soon as they are done drawing the blood we are free to leave.  


Our clinic on Tuesday was good.  In general they are pleased with me, all of them (except the doctor) said they think I need to drink more water.  I know they are right, but, it is hard to drink 4 quarts of water of water a day after being limited to l.5 liters during dialysis for 2.5 years.  But by damn, I’ll do it.  


The head of the Nephrology team was my doctor Tuesday.  In discussing our plan to take the grandsons to Estes Park this weekend and how for years Heidi had to arrange dialysis in Longmont  when we went to Estes, his brilliant mind just wondered why someone doesn’t set up a mobile dialysis unit to service those remote towns.  I just may speak with Davita, whose national headquarters is now in Denver, about doing just that.  Davita is a mega company who sets up and owns the thousands of dialysis facilities around the nation.  Maybe they already have some mobile units, I don’t know.  But, it gives me something to do to find out.  I’ll  keep you posted.

Rod   


I think all six of us - my family and my mom and dad are excited about going to Estes Park this weekend together.  This will be my family's mini-trip this summer thanks to my folks.  We have one more week of summer vacation.  I will start back to school with meetings on August 8th and the grand opening of the School Year 20011-2012 at St. John's Lutheran School  will begin on August 17th!  Lutheran High School in Parker will also begin that week although at this moment I am unsure on which day.


Prayer requests

  • In order to have happy doctors... both parties involved in the transplant process need to be drinking an acceptable amount of water... ie: A LOT!  Pray that mindsets can be changed and water will be consumed freely.  (Mostly Rod... I think I've got this down now!)
  • Safe travels for us as we vacation in Estes Park this weekend.
  • Thanks for all of our friends and family who make up our support system.  We depend upon all of you so much!
Blessings on your weekend!!

Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment