Friday, July 1, 2011

Friday's news 7-1-11 Rod back in the hospital

Happy Friday friends and family!

We have yet another set back concerning my dad.  As I mentioned in the last post he has been struggling with being light-headed and weakness so much so that he has taken to using a walker in the house to get around.  It turns out that this is a symptom of atrial fibrillation going on in his heart.

Twice this week Chris needed to go over to my folks house and help my dad up from falling (once passing out) because of all of this.  He went to his cardiologist yesterday and they put on a heart monitor that they check several times a day over the phone.  After 2 submissions yesterday the cardiologist on call called my dad and told him he wanted him to go to PSL E.R. to be checked.  They kept him overnight for observation but my mom said this morning that he may be there several days until they can get this worked out.

The person my mom talked to at the cardiologist office this morning said that there are two reasons this is happening to my dad.  First - he is coming off of a pretty major surgery, and his body needs to heal from it.  Second - the addition of the anti-rejection meds for the new kidney is messing with the other meds he was already on for his heart.

As you may imagine - this has been one long process for my mom.  When I talked with her this morning, she sounded upbeat.  It is much better on the nerves when he is in the hospital where they can take care of what is wrong and there are many people working to make this right than when my dad is home with my mom and something happens and she doesn't know what to do or can't do it herself.  We will go and see him later this afternoon.

Meanwhile the kidney is doing just what it is supposed to do seemingly oblivious to everything else that is going on around it.  I told my mom it is doing just what I told it to do before the surgery.  I told her I have all sorts of people in my life that I tell what to do and the kidney - so far - has been the best listener! :)

Prayer requests

  • Wisdom for the doctors to know how to fix the a-fibs my dad is experiencing
  • Patience for my dad being in the hospital - yet again
  • Peace and rest for my mom... she is so strong!
  • Release from the hospital only after the problem has been diagnosed and fixed.
Blessings on your holiday weekend!  Be safe!

Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment