Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sunday's blog - news from Rod

Hi everyone,

My dad sent me a bit to put into our blog - so I'm going to let him have the stage.

I'm feeling patriotic.  


One of my favorite American authors says  You have to love a nation that celebrates its independence every July 4, not with a parade of guns, tanks, and soldiers who file by the White House in a show of strength and muscle, but with family picnics where kids throw Frisbees, the potato salad gets iffy, and the flies die from happiness.  You may think you have overeaten, but it is patriotism.  ~Erma Bombeck


Then join hand in hand, brave Americans all!
By uniting we stand, by dividing we fall.
~John Dickinson


That's all that's in me this morning.  My swelling is down, that's the goal.

Rod


Blessings on your holiday tomorrow.  Cherish your families and your freedom - they are priceless!


Monica


p.s. - I have no idea why the font changes sizes like this - It all looks good in my preview! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment