Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Tuesday's blog... somebody must be praying for patience!

Greetings family and friends!

I hope this blog post finds all of you happy and filled with pride to be here in America.  Our 4th of July was a fun day spent with good friends and fireworks!  It was awesome!  In my mind it marks the middle of summer.  This is also the time I feel I need to turn my focus more on what I'm going to do differently (and better) in my class this coming school year.  Don't worry - it's only July 5th... I'm not spending the whole day on these thoughts just yet! :)

So the news about my dad being in the hospital has not changed much.  He is still there and the main goal to get him ready to go home is twofold:

#1. His heart rate is still not stable and his nephrologist (kidney doctor) told my dad that he was going to "work aggressively" with the cardiologist to get his heart to quit dancing around so much.  This is mostly a medication and dosage deal.  The kidney continues to make me proud!

#2. They are also working hard to reduce the fluid retention my dad is experiencing.  I just got off the phone with him and he told me that he doesn't see much difference - but his doctors told him that there is progress being made.  I'm going along with the doctors on this one... the good news is that because of the fluid retention - they are giving my dad lasix which draws the fluid out of the body and makes him pee more - which is exercising the bladder more which was ALSO one of the goals!  (hope that's not too much information!)

In the meantime, while my mom misses having my dad at home - and I'm sure you can imagine that he would rather be at home as well... they both have told me that they are glad he is at the hospital surrounded by the people who know best how to get him back on his feet.  Today he walked at least twice around the hospital floor... not having to stop and rest and not holding on to the rail... baby steps - but for my dad... this is HUGE!  Strength is being gained and God is answering all of our prayers!  Please keep it up my fellow prayer warriors!!  And, thank you again for all of the wonderful support and prayers - they are making a difference for sure!

Prayer requests:

  • Continued strength gain for my dad.
  • Fluid retention and swelling to go down and away for my dad.
  • Patience for my dad who is in the hospital (and not at home) and for his caregivers who are trying their hardest to get him ready to go back home.
  • Continued recovery for both of us.  Tomorrow marks the one month ago mark... can you believe it???
Blessings to all of you!

Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment