Sunday, July 24, 2011

Happy Sunday everyone!

Hi guys!

This is just a quick update to let you know that everything is still moving forward and time is marching on.  You probably already knew about the time part.

My mom and dad came over to our place for dinner last night.  They haven't been here for dinner since Father's Day.  I noted on Father's Day that my dad had very little strength - even needed help stepping up the two steps from our front yard into our house.

Here we are a month or so later and he was able to do everything with no help.  He even went up and down the stairs inside our house with no help.  He has mastered the stairs in his own home too.  This is a huge milestone in our transplant/recovery journey.  It is something for which to thank God!

We had always heard that the transplant is typically harder on the donor than on the recipient because the donor is a healthy person undergoing major surgery while the recipient is generally someone who is sick - but getting something that will make him feel better - almost immediately.

But you know us Sloans/Riches... we are not typical now nor have we ever been!  It's part of our charm.  I am just grateful that everything is moving in a forward direction now, and that recovery is happening still - for both of us.

Thank you for hanging in there with us.  My dad and I could never express the depth of our appreciation to all of you who cheer us on, pray for us and encourage us!  Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

I will continue to update as needed.

Prayer requests

  • Continued strength gain and water drinking for both my dad and I.
  • Continued patience and understanding for my mom.
  • Prayers of thanks for the progress that has been made.
Blessings everyone!

Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment