Saturday, July 2, 2011

Saturday 7-2-11

Hi everyone...

I know in a past blog I mentioned that I would only be posting every other day... and I just posted yesterday - but I've gotten so much feedback about my dad being in the hospital and so many of you praying and keeping us in your thoughts - I really felt the need to update you about my dad's progress.

My mom and dad are both in a very positive place right now.  My dad is still in the hospital and probably will be until after the 4th, but after talking to both of them today - I feel they are both feeling a little bit relieved having him in the hospital until the doctors can work out what they need to for my dad to go home and continue his recovery without the complications he was experiencing last week.

The problem seems still to be stemming from my dad's heart and the medications he takes to keep it ticking.  It seems as if it is a waiting game right now, but we are all okay with the waiting if it is going to take care of the problem.  The kidney continues to work and be happy.  This is a good thing!

I cannot express in words how much your support and prayers mean to us collectively!  I am hearing from people who know my dad but not myself - who are reading my blog.  Friends I have known for years are supportive and positive... thank you to all of you!  It really means a lot to all of us but especially to my dad and me!

I will post again on Monday unless anything else crops up - my prayer for all of you is that you all have a very relaxing holiday weekend filled with family and fun.

Thanks again for all of the support!

Prayer requests

  • Wisdom for the doctors to know what it takes to get my dad stable and ready to go home.
  • Thank you to all of our military past and present who help us keep a reason to celebrate our freedom on Monday, July 4th!
Blessings!

Monica

1 comment:

  1. Hi Monica,
    We are praying for your dad and mom and you. Lord, grant them all your grace and mercy in these days. I pray that Rod's body would respond and work the way you created it to work. Let his heart work perfectly. Thank you for the DR's. Grant them wisdom to know what to do. Please give Rod special favor and grace with the Dr's and nurses. Give Rod and Heidi peace and rest and allow them to connect with people in the hospital who will make their stay their purposeful and happy. Surround Monica and her family with your favor and joy! I pray in the name of Jesus- our healer!

    ReplyDelete