Friday, July 8, 2011

Friday's musings 7-8-11

Hello friends and family!


Today was a good day as they let my dad go home from the hospital.  This means that the swelling he was experiencing throughout his whole body is down to a more acceptable level, and it also means that they have finally taken control of his heartbeat and it is also at a more acceptable level.  Praise God!


He is still working on gaining his strength and has been advised to not use stairs yet (there are 13 of them in their home... he has counted them!)  I think this will all come in time.


My dad told me that my mom has just been awesome throughout this whole ordeal... we praise God for her and her stamina and patience as well!


Here is my dad's take on this - in his own words....


Home from the hospital today (Friday).  It will take all  day springing the dude out.  Doctors move at an exceeding slow pace.  About as fast as a herd of ruptured turtles. One of the lessons The Lord has been hitting me the head to learn is patience.  I have been a good student (to a degree), today will be a test.  I want to refrain from becoming too agitated.  A lot of the swelling in my legs has gone down.  I am on the mend.  I am a happy camper at 6:00 a.m.


 Rod


Prayer requests for today:

  • Continued strength and healing for my dad.
  • Continued patience for my mom.
  • Continued stamina and strength regaining for me.  Every day I feel better and better.
Thanks for being our prayer warriors!  God bless all of you!

Monica

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear he is home. we will be in Denver the week after next. Do you think they will be up for visitors????

    ReplyDelete