Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sunday's update 8-28-11

WOW!  Two whole weeks since I've updated my musings!  Can you tell school has started and I have become suddenly very busy?!

We completed our first full week of school on Friday.  Some of the second graders were dragging by Thursday... definitely their teacher was tired at the end of the week.  We had a faculty party at our Principal's house Friday night and as I was listening to my colleagues tell about how exhausted they were after the fist full week... I realized that I think I'm back to almost normal.  It wasn't just me that was tired!  Life is good - I love my class this year!

My mom and dad just left our house.  They came over for dinner tonight as I was making a dinner that my grandmother (my dad's mom) used to make that my dad, Chris, Kelby and I just LOVE!  My mom and Tanner won't touch it but we make other stuff for them to eat.  It is always a nice tribute to my grandmother who passed away a couple of years ago.  After they left Chris commented on how good my dad looks and how well he seems to be doing especially after the minor surgery he had this past week to close off his fistula.

My dad has a bit of blog to add since his day patient surgery this past Thursday.  It reads:

Thursday's surgery went well.  We had to be at the Hospital at 6:30 A.M.
We were home by noon.  Our Vascular Surgeon, who we like very much (same guy who put the fistula in) was assisted by his son (who is an anesthesiologist) they were impressed by our father daughter transplant story.  



The surgery has not made a big difference in the swelling of the left arm YET.  They say it will over time, but that was not the real purpose of ligating the fistula.  We knew that, but had hoped there would be a miracle.
 



Well, it has been said here before, it is, what it is.  Tuesday, the 30th we have two doctors appointments and transplant clinic - essentially three doctors appointments. This has to stop, they are eating us alive.  


Well, three of the four grandchildren are now busy with school.  A junior in high school, playing good football at Lutheran High, an 8th grader enjoying being top king pin before he becomes a lowly freshman next year.  And, look out kindergarten, here comes the Princess.  Sometimes it just makes me cry watching them.  Heidi and I have to scramble to keep up with their lives.  It is what we do, we would have no other way.


Rod


We continue to praise God for the miracle he gave us in making this whole experience work in a positive way!


Thank you again for your continued prayers and support!  We know we couldn't have done this without you!


Prayer requests

  • Continued strength gain for my dad.
  • Swelling and water retention in the arm with the fistula to go down.
  • Strength and stamina for me as we are back full time in school now.
  • Blessings on the new school year for all students and teachers!
Blessings to you all!... until next time. :)

Monica


No comments:

Post a Comment