Friday, June 24, 2011

finally... Friday!

Today was a day we have been waiting for, as my dad had his next post-op appointment at the hospital.  After last week, his doctors decided he should come every Tuesday and Friday until things settle down a bit.

We were hoping for a catheter removal today but were told we would need to shoot for Tuesday.  Instead, surprisingly, the doctors put my dad on a magnesium I.V. because his magnesium levels were so low.  In fact, they said if there had been a reading taken at home - they would have sent the paramedics... it was that low.  We are a little baffled at what level our magnesium needs to be at, what causes it to go so low and how the heck do we control it?  I was glad the docs gave my dad a prescription for magnesium so that we don't have to try and control that with diet!  He had to be on the I.V. for 3 hours but is home now and resting... it was just another really big day.

Our family will gather again on Sunday evening to celebrate Kelby's 16th birthday.  I'm trying to ignore the utter and complete shock I feel about this (the birthday - not the family gathering!).  My nephew Dax (6 weeks old) came and hung out at our house today. It could've been Kelby... it must've been just yesterday he was only 6 weeks old... not 16 years ago!  WOW.

Prayer Requests

  • Patience and calmness for both my mom and my dad as we wait for things to start healing and moving forward.
  • Thanks that my dad's new kidney seems to have no idea what is going on elsewhere in the body and it keeps doing its job.
  • Thanks that my recovery is going really well.
Thank you friends and family for checking here and for your support and prayers.  We value them all and love you for them!

Blessings,

Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment