Monday, June 13, 2011

Monday, Monday.

Sorry this post is so late... it seems that our home Internet connection wanted a lot of one on one time and refused to work until it got what it wanted!

So today was another day of recovery for both my dad and me.  I have to remember that every day is a day that we heal and get stronger.

I did find out that the tremendous neck pain that I have is a pain caused from residual gas left over from the surgery.  The surgeons had to pump gas into my belly to make it so they can see what they are doing.  Gas was always something I knew I would deal with in recovery, but gas pain - in my neck... really?  That sounds like something that could only happen to me!  Unfortunately, it is common for many people who have laproscopic surgery.  I was advised to drink lots of water and do as much walking as I can.  Both yesterday and today I walked a half mile on the treadmill.  I think this part will just be a waiting game.

My dad and his doctors are working to fine tune his medications.  There are many meds to deal with - not just the anti-rejection meds but also medications that he was already on for heart and diabetes issues.  The docs decided to do a needle biopsy on my dad's kidney today to check and see if he is getting the correct level of medications.  Meanwhile, his kidney is working well and producing urine... it seems unfazed by all of the attention.  We will have the results of the biopsy tomorrow afternoon.

I forgot to give you specific prayers in my last post, but was confident that you would be able to glean it out of what I shared with you.

Specific prayers for today are:

  • My dad's biopsy results are what they should be.
  • My dad will be able to go home soon.
  • The neck pain I have will go away (I just can't bring myself to ask you to pray that I pass the gas!! :-)
  • Healing for both of us continues on as scheduled.
  • My dad's kidney continues to be happy in its new home.
Thanks all! 

Blessings,

Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment