Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tuesday... first day of Summer!!! Yay!

Happy official summer everyone!  Today was a good day.  My dad's appointment at the hospital was short (prayer answered!) and there was both good news and bad news.  The bad news was that he was not ready to get rid of the catheter - so we wait and hope that on Friday, at his next appointment, this will be something that happens.

The good news is that my dad will be able to go places during these next 3 months unlike we had previously thought.  My mom and I both heard them say that he was not to go out in public for three months... no church, no restaurants, no grocery store, bank, etc.  Today his doctors said that this was NOT the case and that my dad just needs to be careful when out in public - staying away from people who are coughing or are visibly sick.  This was a big relief for my mom and dad!

My dad's level of creatinine (I looked up how to spell it... I hope this is right!) is low - which is good and the kidney is still working and doing its job just like we talked about before the surgery!  All in all I feel like we are all moving in the forward direction - maybe at different rates, but that is okay... we have nothing but time to do this right!

I've invited my dad to either be a guest blogger here on my blog, or to add his own thoughts to what I write.  He said he would love to - so be watching for that!

Prayer requests:

  • Catheter removal for this Friday.
  • Continued strength gain and water consumption for my dad.
  • Thanks for the lifting of the 3 month seclusion sentence!
  • Continued healing for both of us.
Blessings on your evening!

Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment