Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wednesday's News - All are home!

Wow!  Today was a big, long day for all involved... but my dad is finally HOME!!  Yay!  Thanks to all who have been praying for that - prayers were answered and he and my mom are so very happy to be home tonight!

I went with my mom this morning around 9 to the hospital.  Mostly, I went to lend some moral support and another set of ears to hear any directives that were given.  I am glad I went as it was almost 6 hours of directives and information!  My mom is a SAINT!!  She is brave and strong and someone I aspire to be like.  I love her and I know my dad is so appreciative of all she does to keep him going... we all are!!

Thanks Mom!!

I return tomorrow to show off how well I am doing after surgery.  My dad has the same type of appointment on Friday.  Thanks for all the support and prayers as well as meals, cards, gifts, etc.!  The outpouring of love from everyone is overwhelming and humbling!  My parents and my family have the MOST AWESOME extended family through work, church, etc!  Thanks again to all.

Specific Prayers:

  • Continued healing for my dad and me.
  • An easy transition into the new regimen of meds and diet for my dad.
  • Good post-op appointments for both of us this week.
Blessings to you all on this fine Wednesday evening!

Monica

2 comments:

  1. Awesome news, Monica! Give your Dad a huge hug from me. You are all in my prayers.

    Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news. We give all glory to our healing God and continue to hold you all up in prayers. Give our love to your mom and dad.
    Love you!
    Dave and Mary Beth

    ReplyDelete