Saturday, June 25, 2011

Saturday's blog 6-25-11 by Monica and Rod

There is not much new to report today except that when I spoke to my dad on the phone today - I got an eerie feeling - it was like talking with him before he got sick.  I think we have all noticed that my dad's head is clearer now that dialysis is not a part of his life, but hearing it on the phone... when I wasn't expecting it - well, it was really nice.

He is getting stronger slowly but surely.  I'm proud of him and also of my mom... this has been a lot to deal with and grasp.  They are handling it well.  God is good to us - he is giving us the strength we need.  Thank you for the prayers!  They are working.

My dad gave me a bit to put into my blog tonight... here is his view of what happened at yesterday's appointment at the hospital.

So, my angel Heidi and I spent the day at Presbyterian, St. Luke's Friday.  Last week they warned us, each time we come to an appointment, bring everything we need to spend the day.  Spend the day we did.  


At about  10:30 a.m. we had talked to everyone and were packing up to leave and go home.  The doctor walked in again and said we had a problem.  My Magnesium level was dangerously low.  I needed to get to the Magnesium Infusion Lab and slow drip three I.V.,s of Magnesium, each taking an hour, in an I.V they had trouble inserting in my arm.  We had no idea there was such a thing as a Magnesium Infusion Lab.  In all my limited medical experience, which I thought was vast, no one had ever mentioned Magnesium levels to me.  


Heidi and I are on a forced educational journey, what a wild ride.  I need to go, my mind is getting cloudy.  I ned a nap.  


Rod


Prayer requests

  • Continued patience and strength gain for my dad.
  • Continued patience and wisdom for my mom. 
Thanks again for following the journey with us and for all of the support we get from all of you!


Blessings,


Monica  

No comments:

Post a Comment