Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wednesday's post is up!

Hi all!  I hope your day was a good one.  All things considered it was a good day at my camp as well.

My dad reported that he is up and working on the walking.  One walk this morning and another planned for this evening after it got a little cooler.  I am proud of him... he is working on becoming stronger.  I think the fact that overall... he feels better is helping so much!

I had lunch today with one of my dearest friends Charlene at the Cherokee on 12th St.  Awesome food and ambiance and awesome company.  If you get a chance to pick where you go out to eat... try the Cherokee... family owned by longtime friends of mine and really - unbeatable!

As promised... my dad did send his bit for this blog.  I think my dad and I are writers by birth - we both love it.  Here it is:

My angel daughter, Monica thought I might like to make an occasional contribution to her blog.  She is doing such a marvelous job on her own, I didn't want to mess it up.  But for years I have written a weekly, blog, by invitation only, which I vowed to cease and desist from until full recovery from the kidney operation.  But in truth, I miss it, so I will add my two cents worth once in a while.  If you think I should keep my nose out of it, drop me an email and tell me.  That does not mean I'll stop, but it might.  My blog tends to become a bit raw on occasion as I give my jaundiced view on news worthy events.  I'll refrain from that malady. 


You might not believe this, but I received a refund check, last week,  from a medical billing company, in the amount of $0.02 cents.   Had to have cost them several dollars to clear their records.  Just so they can't,  I'm keeping the check, uncashed.  It is taped to the desk in my office.  


Well, as you know, my catheter is still in place. It takes great restraint for me to report this unpassionately.  Heidi, my other angel, and I were at the Transplant Center Tuesday  morning.  They did not take the catheter out and then have to put it back in like they did Friday.  There is an event I'll shut up about.  I need to quit now, I'm gone.  


Rod


Maybe some of you who have known me for a long time.... perhaps all of my life - well, you might see some family resemblance between my dad and I.  You know the story about the fallen apple and the tree...  :)


Blessings friends and family!


Monica & Rod


Prayer requests:

  • Continued healing for the both of us!
  • Strength and water consumption for my dad. :)
  • Still praying for catheter removal on Friday.   


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for adding to the blog Rod. hugs and love to all!
    kari

    ReplyDelete