Monday, June 20, 2011

Monday's news

I hope all of you had a really nice Father's Day/Sunday yesterday.  I took the day off from my blog so as to prepare for a family dinner/celebration at our home to honor the three dads in our midst.  Happy Father's Day to my dad Rod, my husband Chris and my brother-in-law Denver!  We love you guys!

My sister and her family came over as well as my mom and dad.  My dad is still very weak and moving slowly... but he is moving!  This will only help him gain his strength.  When I talk to him on the phone, his voice sounds stronger, I think after surviving last Friday - his resolve is stronger and I am hopeful that his body is soon to follow.

Tomorrow he goes back to the hospital to try again to prove he is ready to go home without a catheter.  This would be a big hurdle and I think would help to bolster his determination to get stronger.  I'll let you know how it goes.

The transplant coordinator called me today and after the initial pleasantries you exchange at the beginning of a phone call she said, "You are not drinking enough water."  I thought about asking her if she'd planted cameras in my house... but then realized this must be her way to let me know how my blood work from last Thursday turned out.  My kreatin levels are either too low or too high.  64oz. of water a day is what the doctor orders for both my dad and I... it isn't a stretch for me to drink that much water in a day... my dad on the other hand... .

Specific Prayers for today:

  • A short visit to the hospital tomorrow for my mom and dad.
  • Catheter removal and all body parts working together for the good of the whole.
  • Strength to return to my dad and a new found love of water!
 Here is a picture of Kelby (almost 16), Tanner (13), Reina (4), and Dax (5 weeks).  They make the 4 grandchildren.  They are 4 of the reasons this surgery happened.
Here is a picture of my dad and I yesterday on Father's Day.  Even when weak... he still looks better now than he did before the surgery!

Blessings on your week!

Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment