Monday, June 27, 2011

Monday's news 6-27-11

Another beautiful day in sunny Colorado... wow do I just really love the summer!

We had a pretty big weekend.  I ended up overdoing it a bit and woke up feeling sick and beaten down.  I spent the day on the couch reading and resting.  This evening I'm feeling much better but still very tired.  It is hard, I've found, when you feel good - to slow down and take it easy.  Every day I feel better and better, but I still need a crazy amount of rest.  This is something I'm not used to - but will definitely be on the watch for in the future!

My dad is gearing up for his next appointment at the hospital tomorrow bright and early at 7am.  This is the day (again) that we are hoping to have the catheter removal.  We had lunch with my family yesterday and, while I talk to my mom and dad each day - I hadn't seen my dad since Father's Day last Sunday.  He is regaining his strength.  He was able to get into and out of the car by himself and walking seemed easier.  He still has a long way to go to gain good solid strength, but maybe if he doesn't have that catheter - he will at least have to get up and use the bathroom more often!  It's the little things that add up!

Prayer requests

  • Good sleep and rest for my mom and dad.
  • Successful catheter removal tomorrow.
  • Patience and wisdom for both of my parents.
  • Rest and recovery for me.
Thanks again for the prayers!

Blessings,

Monica

1 comment:

  1. I ran into Dave Smith this weekend and he informed me of the transplant. I am so thankful that Monica was able to help in this time of need. Mr. Sloan is someone who makes a difference in peoples lives. I will continue to pray diligently for both of you to recover quickly. God bless you both!

    Joye (Webb) McHenry

    ReplyDelete